Saturday 18 August 2012

Signature Scent: Coco Chanel Noir


Coco Chanel Noir…

I have been on the hunt for a new perfume for a while now, something that as soon as I smelt it made me go “wow! I need this”, there are plenty that I think are pretty but I need 'The One' and I have found it....

Throughout my life I have had many different perfumes; Marc Jacobs Lola, Chanel Chance, Dolce & Gabbana The One, Gucci Flora, Gucci by Gucci, Miss Dior Cherie… to name just a few.

I found myself really tempted by Tom Ford recently and I think that was my first choice until yesterday.

I’d seen lots of press about Coco Chanel Noir and I’ve always been a fan of Chanel perfumes, they are always; classic, beautiful and elegant. So when I spotted the new bottle whilst perusing the beauty counters of House of Fraser, I had to smell it and now it is all I can think about (I have the card in my bag and keep taking a sniff).

It is definitely THE perfume I want to have as my signature scent.



First of all the bottle, sleek shiny black, simple and classic. According to Chanel perfumer, Christopher Sheldrake the fragrance is inspired by Venice and has an animal sensuality.  It is the third of the Coco franchise (Coco and Coco Mademoiselle) and created by chief perfumer Jacques Polge to represent Coco Chanel’s love of the “dazzle of black and Venice” (I must say I share this feeling!).

It is made up of grapefruit, Calabrian bergamot, heart of rose absolute, rose essence, jasmine absolute, narcissus and rose geranium leaf, a drydown of Brazilian tonka bean, Venezuelan tonk bean, Indonesian patchouli, New Caledonian sandalwood, bourbon vanilla and white musk frankincense….

All I can tell you is it is perfect!!!

I will be hopefully purchasing this at Duty Free when I go on holiday, if not, as soon as I land back in London I will be off to the nearest supplier.


1 comment:

  1. I tried this out the other day and it's gorgeous!!! The bottle is beautiful too! Good idea to get it at the duty free - wish I'd picked up some perfume when I was in the duty free before my holiday in June!!xx

    ReplyDelete