Saturday 22 September 2012

How to wear: Peplum

How to wear: Peplum



T By Alexander Wang short sleeve shirt / Peplum skirt / High heel, Whistles / Zara clutch handbag / Michael Kors Jet Set,

I love the peplum trend and for AW12 and SS13 (so far) it looks like it is here to stay, however, I have to admit I've been struggling with it, finding a piece that flatters my shape rather than making me look so much larger than I am!!!

I love this neon lace peplum skirt from Topshop, nailing a few trends in one item (how's that for frugal!).  I would team it with a simple jersey top and accessories, playing with different textures, whilst letting the skirt be the stand out piece. 

Now I just need to try it on and see if it will actually suit me...




2 comments:

  1. I have to say this is a pretty outfit. I am a little unsure of peplum's as I am curvy I don't want them to make me look bigger, but I will give them a whirl I guess. That is what fashion is about having fun :)

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Me too, I've tried on a couple and they weren't flattering at all, but after speaking to some friends I think it just really depends on the size/style/product, so I'm going to try some more on. Don't want to give up yet as they seem to be here to stay! Exactly, all about fun :) xxx

    ReplyDelete